NEWS RELEASE TRANSMITTED BY Marketwire



FOR: HUSKY ENERGY INC.

TSX SYMBOL:
 HSE

Husky Resumes Production from SeaRose FPSO

Apr 03, 2008 - 05:42 ET

ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR--(Marketwire - April 3, 2008) - Mr. John C.S. Lau, President & Chief Executive Officer of Husky Energy Inc. (TSX:HSE) confirmed today that the White Rose oil field resumed production, 350 kilometres southeast of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador.

In accordance with its ice management protocols, the Company shut-in production on the SeaRose FPSO on Tuesday April 1, and moved the drilling rig GSF Grand Banks to an ice free zone about 25 nautical miles southwest of the field, due to concerns about ice and icebergs near the facilities.

Ice conditions and the weather forecast improved sufficiently to allow production to resume late Thursday, April 3.

"Husky has a very robust ice management system in place, and we demonstrated the system's effectiveness throughout our response to this event," said Mr. Lau. "As in all our operations, the safety of personnel is our prime priority. We will continue to monitor the ice situation closely and assess any future response requirements as necessary."

Husky Energy is the Operator of the White Rose field, and holds a 72.5% working interest. Petro-Canada holds the remaining 27.5%.

Husky Energy is a Canadian based, integrated energy and energy-related company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Husky Energy is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE.




FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Husky Energy Inc.
St. John's
Margaret Allan
Manager, Administration & Regulatory Affairs
(709) 724-3981
or
Husky Energy Inc.
Calgary
Graham White
Media Relations
(403) 298-7088